What I have from me, that makes my life happier
I possess a variety of character traits that I use day in and day out that make my life happier.
This is a list of what I came up with:
I have ambition
I am motivated
I am analytical
I am calculating
I am calm
I am observant
I am capable
I am open-minded
I am charitable
I am optimistic
I am cheerful
I am passionate
I am compassionate
I am perceptive
I am competent
I am persistent
I am considerate
I am practical
I am cooperative
I am punctual
I am creative
I am quiet
I am curious
I am fun loving
I am decisive
I am rational
I am dedicated
I am rebellious
I am dependable
I am reliable
I am detail oriented
I am resourceful
I am determined
I am responsible
I am discreet
I am enthusiastic
I am sentimental
I am faithful
I am serious
I am firm
I am silly
I am flexible
I am sincere
I am forgiving
I have a good sense of humor
I am spiritual
I am straightforward
I am helpful
I am strong
I am honest
I am thoughtful
I am hopeful
I am tireless
I am hospitable
I am tolerant
I am imaginative
I am vulnerable
I am independent
I am visionary
I am innovative
I am inquisitive
I am insightful
I am kind
I am logical
I am loyal
I am merciful
What I have from others that makes my life happier:
I receive the benefit of the doubt
Friendships
Quarrels that test the truths for me
A listening ear
Shared meals
Understanding
I receive empathy
I enjoy time spent with me
From time to time I receive a helping hand
I also receive favors
A hug
A wink and a smile
Shared laughter
The opportunity to help others
Opportunities to share in other's joy
Surprise gifts
Singing songs together
Playing/watching sports together
A quiet night/day together where words are not necessary
Someone to play board games, go kayaking, or go boogie boarding with
I enjoy sanctuary with my family
I have music to listen to
Movies to watch
Television to watch
Books and Magazines to read
Marshmallows around the campfire
Teaching moments
A hug, a kiss , a sweet embrace
The wagging tail of a dog
The purr of a cat
The use of technology
Medicine when I need it
The joy of watching a storm or looking at the stars
Skills that I have been taught
Helpful appliances
Transportation
The Internet
Household furnishings
Utilities
Shelter
What I have done right. What that says about me.
I have done everything right. This says I am willing to see more than meets the eye. "I've done everything right," is a funny comment, don't you think? It might even be considered arrogant. For me, life isn't about right and wrong. It is about learning experiences and growth. It is about looking at life's lessons from a higher plane. This means even those things that I've done "wrong" in society's eyes, have made me into the person I am today. Today I am a better person than I was yesterday. In essence, the "wrong thing", once known and understood, gives me the opportunity to see if I need to change. Change (or growth) is the right thing for me.
What do I really want that I don't have now?
Up until the last day or two, I have held the fantasy of my dream house in my mind and in my heart. I have it designed in my head and drawn on paper. I hear the people inside laughing and having fun asking to come back when they leave. I have thought all along, if I had that house, my family would visit more often, I would invite more friends over, there would be fun and laughter, game playing, chats, shared movie time, meals, swimming and beautiful gardens. My children have scoffed at my house, and me thinking I could have it, when I brought it up. My husband said we could never afford it. He also said, "They (my family) don't visit us now, so what makes you think they would visit when you got this house?" I could/can see my fantasy home as if it were built and lit up. I wanted it so badly I could almost taste it.
Can I get any of these things fairly easily?
What I have come to realize is yes, I would like my own home that has the ability for me to entertain more than the home I now rent and that is in the location that brings peace to my heart. What I have realized I am really saying is, I want those things that having people in my home would bring to my life. I want that location to bring peace and sanctuary to my soul. My primary mission is Love in whatever form that takes. I want those interconnections; friendship, involvement and caring that make me feel included in this world. It would bring me Fun in the games and laughter, learning and sheer pleasure of sharing this with everyone. It would bring me Freedom because I would have the choice of the colors and decorations of what is inside my home. In a small way, it would also bring me Power. This one I had to think long and hard about. I think it would be power in the sense of recognition that in living a life the way I wish, I become a living example of walking my talk, and in doing so, I would have to receive some form of recognition. The form I would like it to take place is in my sons seeing they too own their own power and can have everything they want. It isn't something to be scoffed at. They would know that because their Mom did it, they can too. Is it easy? Probably not, but it is doable. I can have those feelings - house or not.
If the want seems difficult to get, can I change the form of the want to make it more attainable?
I have already mentioned that up until the last day or two I wanted this house. I wanted it because it represented to me the magic bullet that would give me Love, Power, Fun and Freedom. I realize, I have that now – without the fantasy house, and I can do it and have it -ANYWHERE.

2 comments:
"I can have those feelings - house or not."
I was going to suggest the house was sounding like the means to the feelings and company, although it sounds like I share your vision of a dream home.
I can relate to the wanting company. Me and my fiancee are still adjusting to the move, and we are trying to develop a new network of friends. It can get lonely in a small home with just the two of us.
I can imagine a large home with lavish gardens and pools would be wonderful with guests. However, I imagine that this home would get even more lonely without the people to fill it.
High five to you! Many of us vest our happiness in just attaining that one thing, that one space, that one experience. I find that wants follow us everywhere, as do "issues." It's possible to resolve them where we are with what we have. It sounds like you have made a major paradigm shift in your thinking. I look forward to hearing more over the semester.
Post a Comment